A living dog is...

Friday, December 01, 2006

Ok, NOW it's really December

Touched down in London at 8.30ish this morning and was actually refreshed to feel the coldness that had been missing from my autumn thus far. Walking around New York in a coat was a start, but it still had that fresh and fruity feeling that made it way too much like being on holiday. In contrast, this morning's coldness was accompanied by that overcast, dreary grayness only found around the 51°N 0° area of the world and I found it surprisingly reassuring and comforting. I realised that I had actually been missing London's autumnal weather. Walking around Santo Domingo throughout November in t-shirts and as much linen as possible was obviously undermining my subconscious perception of what life should be like at this time of year. This is really how December should be, cloudy, damp and with most of the daylight dissappearing by about 4.00pm. This is when coats and scarves and big jumpers are worn and you can see your breath in front of you. I'm sure I'll be sick of it after a week, but for now, the REAL December is most welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home