A living dog is...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines - Brazilian Style

Spent last night here where Valentine's night was about as romantic as a sweaty dance floor full of people throwing some all-out samba moves, which is a fairly accurate description of the venue. In fact it was the warm-up event for their carnival season - the real Rio one starts this Saturday - and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Could have done with a few more keen dancers, but with a male:female ratio of about 1:3, there was plenty to do from the edges of the boards. One thing which did make me very jealous of all things Brazilian was their natural/innate claim to coolness. There is no other country in the world (that we could think of) that gives you immediate kudos and cool points, just from being born there. I'll definitely be there more often, the bad memories of my previous visit have been quashed, saca?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home