A living dog is...

Monday, October 16, 2006

Spoon overlooked in not enough awning space shocker!

Saturday night, after a good chat with GL about life, work + flip-cup, went to a restaurant called Knife + Fork, which is tucked away on E 4th Street. There's almost no option for true vegetarians there, but there's a great selection of seafood (Pan seared scallops + caviar, followed by grilled black sea bass were my choices) on the menu. We (Nadine + Mary + Me) also had an in depth discussion about a forthcoming trip to Maryland, which may or may not involve a view of the sunrise from the beach at Ocean City. The last time I experienced that was about six years ago, when I was still drunk from the night before, decided that I also wanted to go surfing + I had to start a shift at work in three hours.

There's also a pretty dingy hookah bar around the corner from the restaurant, which was more compelling than the desert menu (The dish having run away with the Spoon meant that they only had a choice of two from the menu) so we decamped there until the early-mid hours of the next morning. The hookah bar seemed to be a big hit with the NYU crowd, American students experiencing cultural diversity no doubt, and was run by a bunch of guys from the Lebanon. I think at some point I did apologise for Israel's demolition of their home country, but it was more out of empathy than an apology on behalf of the Israeli goverment - which I don't think I'm eligble to give. But they were very accomodating and the apple hubbly bubbly + more drinks got me ready for bed + slightly dizzy (Julien is going to have to give me more lessons on the pipe to avoid that in future).

Sunday to the coach to Washington, DC to visit Courtney for a few days and get a new passport after the old one took a trip on the Electrolux-Warm-Cycle-Fast-Rinse ride. The journey isn't as quaint as the New England scenery, more of a schlep through such East coast charms as New Jersey, Delaware + Baltimore.

Oh yeah, it also got cold a few days ago... just so you know.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still warm in the UK - just so you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home