A living dog is...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sweating like a P. I. G.

Have arrived in the Dominican Republic (DR as it's known by the Yanks) and have been introduced to the staff at my placement - San Cristobal, which is about 30km to the west of Santo Domingo. The folks at the guesthouse are really nice and my Spanish is massively underprepared for the barrage that hits you wherever you are. Last night we went to a bar that puts on traditional dance shows, very entertaining and... umm enlightening. I'm not sure I'll have the chance to upload photos at all, but I´ll do my best to describe the place - it's like no-where I've been before, but I'm going with the flow (another Dominican thing). More to come, I have to go shower as I am behaving in the titular way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home